bitty.and.bunny: Snow Disappointing

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Snow Disappointing

{target sweater (similar) | ON vest & tights | h&m shorts (cute option on super sale!) | steve madden boots | f21 necklace (similar)}



So, I was about to publish a whole post about how disappointed I am that just when it warmed up enough to melt the skanky snow that's been hanging out for the past few weeks, it goes and snows again.  Like, on the very same day that the other snow finally vanished. But January is a tough enough month to endure without me chiming in to complain about it.  So for a little change of pace, I bring you My List of Positive Things About January:

Positive Thing About January #1:  It's still Christmasy.  My house looks like Santa's workshop for at least half of January (ok, usually a little more).  I just love the fun decorations, and it's still kind of sort of acceptable to have them up throughout the month.  Come February, that crap won't fly.

Positive Thing About January #2:  It's chilly enough to consider purchasing these.  Anyone own a pair?  Good?  Bad?  Ugly?

Positive Thing About January #3:  Sometimes the snow has little ice crystals sitting on top of it = nature's own glitter.  As a female who enjoys sparkly things, I appreciate this.

Positive Thing About January #4:  I get to wear lots of cozy layers.  I know I complain about the cold, but I admit that about 3/4 of the way through summer I'm really missing the option to top my outfit off with a thick, chunky scarf, a cool pair of boots, or an oversized cable knit sweater.

Positive Thing About January #5:  The cold weather provides a perfect excuse to snuggle up on the couch, whip up a batch of hot chocolate and a big bowl of popcorn, and guiltlessly enjoy hour after hour of Shameless on dvd.


*Also, I'm a finalist in a creative photo contest.  If you're the voting type and you'd like to help me win, please click here and then "like" my photo.  Big virtual hugs to all who do!*


Find me here today, too.


2 comments:

  1. love the sweet, sweet, collar - so lovely. thanks for joining up with wardrobe weds

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so adorable! I love the shorts and tights, the stripes and that pretty collar necklace :)
    -Jessi
    haircutandgeneralattitude.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover