bitty.and.bunny: COLLEGE

Friday, June 28, 2013

COLLEGE

{John Belushi in Animal House in no way represents what college is really all about}

This post is going to be a bit of a throwback.  All the way back to when I was in college.  As a broke student, I pretty much loathed buying books each semester.  They are just so dang expensive; and don't even get me started on the long ass lines I had to wait on just for the privilege of having my wallet raped in front of my very eyes.  By the end of my time at school I had become so sick of text books - from overspending on them (especially when certain professors had us buy them at the beginning of the semester, just to drag them to class every day and not even use them), to getting a truly pathetic return on my investment when I sold them back to the very same bookstore that gouged me in the first place (gee, $11.87 for a $75 book that's only 4 months old, how generous) - that I refused to buy a single book in my last semester.  True story.  Miracle of all miracles, I got straight A's, but it wasn't without a lot of borrowing books from friends, and fully exploiting my free use of the scanner, printer, and copier at my on-campus job. 

{me in college, probably thinking about textbooks, and not looking nearly as cool as John Belushi.  Plus, I looked a constant mess because I had just started growing dreadlocks.}

Even though I'm not in school anymore, when CampusBookRentals.com approached me about spreading the word about renting textbooks, I knew I had to share.  I can only wish that this existed in the time when dinosaurs roamed the earth (aka when I was in school).  

Let me break down the awesomeness of this site:
-save 40-90% off of bookstore prices (!!!)
-free shipping both ways
-can highlight in the textbooks
-flexible renting periods
-they donate to Operation Smile with each textbook rented (how amazingly fantastic is that?!)
-AND you can even rent your books to other students when you're done with them, using the new RentBack program

So if you're in school, starting soon, or are just an uber-genius/weirdo who likes to read text books for fun, I highly recommend you watch this video to learn all the details, then check out CampusBookRentals.com.  


**Full Disclosure: I was provided compensation in exchange for writing a post about CampusBookRentals.com.  As always, all opinions are my own because I think this concept totally, completely rocks**

No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover