bitty.and.bunny: LWD

Thursday, February 6, 2014

LWD

dress: exact | option
fleece tights: royal cult
booties: payless (old) | similar
scarf: diy | similar
hair jewelry: c/o born pretty | option 1, 2
necklace: c/o born pretty | option 1, 2, 3


__________________


You may recall me publicly professing my love for this little white dress a year and a half ago (or maybe not since it was a year and a half ago), and I am finally wearing it now. (!)  The short story is that when I ordered what I thought was an identical version of my friend's, it turned out to be sewn just slightly different, in a way that magically makes it unflattering.  So my lovely, generous friend lent me her dress....and then I let it sit in my closet for a year.  (You totally want to lend me all your stuff now, right?)  Last week was really cold so I figured why not wear this lightweight, semi-sheer, chiffon, clearly-meant-for-summer dress outside without a coat for a while.  You know, to keep things interesting.  Fun fact: it was so cold that day that not even my body heat could melt the snowflakes in my hair.  

On another note, I was so happy to receive those delicate hair combs and necklace in the mail from Born Pretty!  I had been wanting a long pendant necklace, and this one is the perfect length with a simple, clean design.  And don't even get me started on the hair combs.  I wore this outfit to a party and I think every single girl there complimented me on them.  They're such an easy way to add a little extra prettiness to an outfit; they're kind of my new favorite thing.  You can get 10% off of the already realllly reasonable prices at the shop with code: KNT10.

Also included in the package was the cotton candy pink soft chalk pastel (#038) below, which can be used to temporarily color hair.  I thought I did everything right when I followed The Beauty Department's tutorial, but clearly I cannot follow simple instructions because the attempt was a fail.  If you give it a try and it works, please feel free to come back and tell me exactly what I did wrong.


Attending these parties today.




No comments:

Post a Comment

don't be shy...i love reading your comments! xo

Pin It button on image hover